Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bleahhh...



You know that Pasta with Rosemary and Onion-Orange Marmalade that I said I was making for Dana? If we closed our eyes while we were eating it, this is exactly what it tasted like. Chinese food. Something about the salty crispy pancetta mixed with sweet, syrupy orange...it didn't taste BAD, it just wasn't good. So if you see that recipe out there -- beware! On the flip side, the garganelli pasta was fantastic in itself. I just need to find something else to make with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you at the market! Too bad about that pasta dish. It sounded so promising! I ended up making angel hair pasta with the fresh peas we saw, pancetta (sauteed in a little garlic & olive oil), pecorino and a light lemon cream sauce. I also bought some of those Muscat grapes for dessert. Yum! Think of all the fabulous pasta you are going to have in Italy! Kim :)