Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shapes and Flavors



One of the things I am most looking forward to is the discovery of new pasta shapes, and how they mix with the fresh flavors of Tuscany. Every time I go to DeLaurentis it seems like there is something new to try in the world of noodle, and I am sure that will be multiplied immensely as we journey through the land of pasta.

The pasta pictured above is Garganelle, and I am using it to make a rosemary and onion-orange marmalade pasta for my friend Dana tonight (yes, Dana of the ricotta gnudi). We'll see how it tastes. The noodles themselves look marvelous -- light and pliable, but with a nice texture of ridgey-ness for the sauce to cling to. Sounds springy and delightful, very much like this day has been -- it was fantastic at the Market today, even more so because I ran into my friend Kim (who was also heading to Sosio's -- it turns out that Sosio's is her favorite veggie/fruit stall too!).

I hate to jinx it....hold your breath and cross your fingers...but I think spring is finally here!

1 comment:

Maeby said...

So how did this one turn out? It looks SO good...
jana