Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tomorrow will be Seven Weeks and Counting



At least for some of us. For the Brocks, lucky people, they are only six weeks away. For some, more like eight. Regardless, it is coming soon, and I for one, can't wait. Browsing the web, I find photos people have taken of the sorts of small gems I love to discover for myself while traveling..

Just look at this door, for instance. Lovely. Someone lives there. Every day. To them, it's probably just a door. Good for opening...and closing, and if they have a cat, opening... and closing again...

But for me (and probably you too), if we discover this jewel and capture it for ourselves either by camera or just in our mind's eye, it epitomizes the mystery of someone's life experience and history with its arches, stone and greenery, and brings us much more than just a door.

It will be a reminder and a doorway to our entire experience and memories together...in Italy.

Mmm. Thanks again for coming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You pick some really enticing pictures. How is your Italian coming? Mine - not so good. Plus, I should brush up on some German. Domani, that is, doMANi.