Sunday, March 23, 2008

Vampires in Volterra?



Okay, I admit it. I am a sucker for a good vampire story. And when I say "good" vampire story, I mean both -- I want a good vampire and a good story. A couple of weeks ago, my friend Kathy at bookclub (she's a teacher, she always knows what's hot with the teens) offered up a book called "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. The basic premise is about a high school girl named Bella, who moves to Forks WA to live with her dad. She meets a cute vampire boy (whose family is "vegetarian" meaning they only hunt animals), falls in love, blah, blah, blah Then, in the second book, things really start to happen -- werewolves, for one! -- but the part that was creepy is that they end up going to Volterra (which is certainly on our day trip list!) where there is a distinctly NON vegetarian coven of vampires called The Volturi. They don't hunt inside the city walls...they round up TOURISTS for "real city" tours....

No comments: